September 14, 2013

(RE)VERSE: THE MINDY PROJECT S2 [FOX]

The cast of THE MINDY PROJECT. CLICK to visit the official series site.

IN TWEET: A (RE)VERSE IS A REVIEW WRITTEN LIKE A POEM. UP TODAY, A KICKY LIMERICK ABOUT SEASON 2 OF “THE MINDY PROJECT.”

Somehow THE MINDY PROJECT escaped the Grim TV Reaper and got a second season pick-up. Why I’ll never know. It’s a terrible waste of the considerable comedic talent of star Mindy Kaling.

I just watched the second season opener hoping for a phoenix-like re-birth. Alas, all I got was warmed over “more of the same.” To that end, I give you my review of THE MINDY PROJECT in limerick form.

THE MINDY PROJECT

THERE ONCE WAS A KALING NAMED MINDY

WITH ROOTS WHERE THEY SPEAK LOTS OF HINDI.

HER “PROJECT” ON FOX

STINKS WORSE THAN OLD SOCKS

AND IS MORE CLOYING THAN BRADY BRAT CINDY.

But I'm not annoying, I thwear!

Season 2 of THE MINDY PROJECT debuts Sept. 17 and airs Tuesdays at 9:30PM E/P on FOX.